3 Tbsp oil
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1/4 cup sugar
- Pour oil into a heavy bottom pan. Add three popcorn kernels. Cover with lid allowing steam to escape (you can leave pan lid slightly ajar). Once the three kernels pop you know the oil is hot enough.
- Once the oil is hot enough add the kernels and sugar to the pan and recover allowing steam to escape.
- Then shake 3 seconds and rest 3 seconds, this helps with burning. Continue until popping slows down.
- Once popping has slowed down remove from heat. Let sit two minutes because the sugar makes it extremely hot. Don’t just pop it into your mouth immediately after cooking because you will get burned.
- Once cooled after approximately two minutes shake again and pour into a bowl and serve. ENJOY!
I have made this with brown sugar to try to make Carmel corn and I was not that happy with the way it turned out but I figured I would let you know in case anyone wanted to try that as well.