I had a box of Dr.Oetker Organic Butterscotch Pudding mix and I was about to just make the pudding but then I thought I wanted to search the web for some interesting recipes to make with pudding mix. There really wasn’t all that much to choose from…I wasn’t in the mood for a cream pie so I went ahead and made a cake!
Butterscotch Pudding Cake
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
2 Tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 (3 1/2 oz) package butterscotch pudding mix (not instant)
2 cups very hot water
- Heat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 8 x 8 inch square baking dish.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, baking powder, & salt; mix well.
- Add milk, oil, and vanilla; stir this to mix.
- Pour into lightly greased baking dish.
- In small bowl, mix pudding mix & hot water; mix well.
- Pour slowly over batter in pan. Do not mix.
- Bake at 350F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until center is firm to the touch & toothpick inserted in top half of cake comes out clean. The top surface of the cake will appear cracked.
- Cool in pan 5 to 10 minutes.
To serve: spoon warm cake, pudding side up into dessert dishes. If desired top this with whipped cream. Enjoy the Butterscotch Pudding Cake recipe.
This was not one of my favorites for sure. I didn’t like the flavor, the texture was mushy and dense which is okay because I have enjoyed mush cakes in the past. However, I really did not enjoy the flavor of this cake at all but my children really liked it. For the Butterscotch lovers out there maybe you can try this recipe or adapt to your liking.