1 cup whole milk
3 Tbsp all purpose flour
pinch of salt
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk flour into milk and place over medium heat in a small sauce pan.
- Cook mixture until thickened; remove from heat and add salt. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy; then add vanilla.
- When milk mixture is slightly cooled; add 1 Tbsp at a time to the creamed butter mixture while the mixer is running on medium speed.
- You should have a fluffy, light and buttery frosting when completed.
This is a delicious buttery frosting that is traditionally used as a frosting for Red Velvet.