Creamy Curly Kale and Potato Leek Soup
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 bunch leeks, sliced
1 small carrot, sliced
2 large potatoes, quartered and sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp turmeric
1 Tbsp flour
4 cups vegetable broth
4 cups curly kale, chopped
1 cup whole milk
1/8 tsp nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a big soup pan over medium heat.
- Add the leeks, carrot, potatoes, garlic and turmeric. Stir-fry for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Sprinkle the flour into the pan and stir until the vegetables are coated in flour. Continue to stir while you add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil, Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the curly kale and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- Add milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper and simmer, covered, 5 more minutes.
This soup is a wonderful, comforting soup with just the right amount of creaminess.