Crustless Broccoli and Potato Quiche
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup onion
1 cup potato, diced
2 cups fresh broccoli florets
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9 inch pie plate.
- Put olive oil in a skillet and heat at medium heat. Add onions and saute 3 minutes. Add diced potatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and saute for 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs and milk, add salt, pepper, garlic powder and nutmeg to egg mixture and mix well.
- Add egg mixture to broccoli mixture in skillet, then add cheese and combine well.
- Pour into pie plate and bake in a preheated 350F oven for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
I used a white cheddar in this quiche, typically quiches tend to have Swiss cheese in them, I like using cheddar, I personally like the taste better and the kids seem to like the taste better as well. The broccoli adds a nice crisp texture to the soft eggs and potatoes. This quiche is super easy and is great for any mealtime, I typically tend to make this for dinner though:)