Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
1 cup rolled oats
1 1/4 cups milk
1 cup raisins
1 Tbsp orange peel, grated
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups organic whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground allspice or nutmeg
1/4 cup rolled oats
2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease or line 12 muffin cups.
- Combine rolled oats with milk, raisins and orange peel. Allow to soak approx 5 min while preparing remaining ingredients.
- Beat eggs with sugar and melted butter, Set aside.
- Stir flour together with baking powder, cinnamon, salt and allspice.
- Combine oat mixture with egg mixture. Stir in flour mixture until combined.
- Spoon batter into 12 buttered or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Combine 1/4 cup rolled oats with brown sugar. Sprinkle over the top of muffins. Bake in preheated 400F oven for 20 to 25 min.
I got the inspiration for this muffin recipe from the Dairy Goodness site. This muffin is very moist and tasty, kinda like an oatmeal raisin cookie in a muffin but not so sweet=} I really liked the flavor of this muffin. So why not turn your breakfast oatmeal bowl into a muffin!