Spinach Artichoke Pasta
6 ounces of noodles (Linguine, Spaghetti, Angel Hair, etc…whatever you want)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups spinach leaves, packed
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts in water
1/2 cup milk (I use whole milk)
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tomato, chopped
- Cook your desired noodles of choice according to package directions.
- Put olive oil in large skillet pan. Add the onions and cook 3 minutes. Add the garlic and spinach, saute until spinach is wilted.
- Chop artichoke hearts and add to skillet with juice. Thicken with flour and milk to desired consistency.
- Add the chopped tomato. Cook for a short time, leaving the tomato somewhat firm.
- Toss sauce with cooked pasta.
This is a nice light pasta dish, the sauce adds creaminess but isn’t as rich as a traditional Alfredo sauce. This is a quick and easy dish and for protein you could add some chicken, which is also very delicious.