Chicken Meatloaf with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 ounces fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup herb-marinated sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp whole milk
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 pound ground chicken
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Saute onion and spinach in hot oil in a skillet over medium heat until onion is tender and spinach is wilted, set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, eggs, milk, feta cheese, salt, and pepper. Add the ground chicken, and cooked spinach and onion mixture and gently stir to combine, being careful not to overwork the meat.
- Carefully place the meat mixture into the prepared pan and bake in preheated 375F for 45 minute to 1 hour or until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and slice. Put on a serving platter and serve.
This meatloaf is very flavorful and delicious. It is a nice change to the traditional meatloaf, I usually make my meatloaf’s with ground turkey or ground chicken. Serve this with any of your favorite side dishes and a salad for a great meal.