Rice Krispie Cookies
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup Rice Krispies
1 cup quick rolled oats, uncooked
1/2 cup flaked coconut (sweetened)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease 2 large cookie sheets. Set side.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place the butter into a bowl and beat on medium until light and fluffy. Add the white and brown sugars and beat until blended. Add the egg and vanilla, beating to incorporate.
- Stir in the reserved flour mixture. When well combined, stir in the cereal, oats, and coconut.
- Drop the mixture by level measuring tablespoon onto the prepared cookie sheets, leaving room between cookies.
- Transfer the sheets to the preheated oven and bake for about 12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
- When cool, store in an airtight container.
I got this recipe through Kellogg’s and these are really good cookies. I got 24 cookies out of this recipe. They are crisp around the edges and chewy in the middle, I brought these cookies to a get together and got really good reviews, my friend says she doesn’t like cookies with oatmeal in them but she really liked these cookies and everyone said these are a great alternative to oatmeal raisin. I will make these again.