First, let me start by saying this is not the healthiest recipe, although I have tried several creamy chicken enchilada recipes I really like this one. It does not have an extensive list of ingredients and really is simple and quick to make. Great for a weeknight meal!
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
1 Tbsp butter
1 can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies, drained
1 8 oz package cream cheese, cut up and softened
2 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast
8 8″ flour tortillas
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 pint whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease 9×13 baking dish.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add Rotel and saute 1 minute.
- Stir in cream cheese and chicken and cook, stirring constantly until cream cheese melts.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese, and drizzle with whipping cream. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Take off foil and cook for another 15 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
Some side notes, I make these with whole wheat tortillas so you can definitely use whole wheat instead of the white. I have not made them with corn tortillas so I am not sure how that would turn out. Also, if you don’t like any heat/spice, Rotel also offers a mild version which can be substituted for the Original. I would love some feedback about this recipe, Let me know what ya think!